Directions to Wyboston
The following directions are from the Wyboston Lakes website:
The nearest rail station to Wyboston Lakes is St Neots, on the First Capital Connect on the Great Northern Line, a 48 minute train journey from London King's Cross. St Neots and Sandy Train Stations are both 10 minutes drive away.
- Consort Taxis: + 44 (0)1480 380 545
- Steve's Taxis: + 44 (0)1480 215 666
- Anglian Taxis: + 44 (0)1480 475 222
- Luton Airport is only 45 minutes away.
- Stansted Airport is only 45 minutes away.
- Heathrow Airport is approximately 1.5 hour away
From North or South:
Leave A1 at A428 junction (signposted Cambridge) just South of St. Neots. From North, take third exit at roundabout. From South, take fourth exit at roundabout (back towards A1). Entrance to Wyboston Lakes is 60 yards on the left. Flags mark the entrance. Please then follow our on-site signage to your destination.
From the East:
A428 (from Cambridge and M11) before A1 junction, take first exit at roundabout. Entrance to Wyboston Lakes is 60 yards on the left. Flags mark the entrance. Please then follow our on-site signage to your destination.
From the West
A421 (from Bedford), join A1 North. Leave at A428 junction (signposted Cambridge), just south of St Neots, from junction follow as above.
Although not a licensed helicopter landing site, Wyboston Lakes can offer a landing area to helicopters*. An optimum landing site is an area of grass opposite the complex entrance and security lodge. This area is normally dry* and has the added advantage of being under visual scrutiny of the security guard, if the pilot wished to leave his helicopter temporarily unattended. No fees are charged, but we normally ask the pilot / operator to make a donation to 'Bedford Child Development Centre'.
* Helicopter pilot or operator accepts that this is at his own risk and that there are no facilities (such as fuel or crash facilities).
* Note: Grass can become waterlogged after very heavy rain.